Maya’s Mac n’ Cheese (v)
This dish is popular with children as well as adults. My children adore it as a main but it’s also a handy side dish. Serve 6-8 portions.
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 50g butter
- 350g boiled macaroni pasta
- 500ml milk
- 100ml double creme
- 70g grated cheddar cheese (in a separate bowl)
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp black ground pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of Maya’s Nørrebro Chilli Sauce
- 50g red Leicester cheese grated
- 50g cheddar cheese grated
- 50g parmesan grated (veg option)
- 50g garlic bread baguette ground into crumbs
- Heat up the oven to 180C
- In a casserole met the butter
- Mix in the flour until well mixed and cook for (3-4min)
- Add in half the milk whilst stirring with a whisk to smoothen the cheese sauce
- On low heat stir in the rest of the milk bit by bit while continuously whisking until the cheese sauce starts to thicken (if it gets too thick, add more milk to thin it)
- Stir in the salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Stir in Maya’s Nørrebro Chilli Sauce
- Add in the double creme and let it heat up gently
- Add in 70g grated cheddar cheese
- Once the gravy has thickened to a smooth runny gravy (the consistency of honey), turn off the heat.
- Mix in the pasta well and pour the mixture into an oven dish
- In a separate bowl mix the parmesan, cheddar and red leister cheese
- Spread the cheese mix onto the mac n’ cheese mixture, topped with the garlic breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until crisp and golden
- Let it set for 2-5 min before serving and serve with garlic bread – Enjoy!
Join the Revo-Fusion………………..Free the flavour!